This has to be one of the most challenging things for people, letting go of what is no longer serving you any purpose.
A mind filled with regrets from the past?
A business that is making you feel stressed, worried, unhappy and financially crippled?
A destructive relationship?
An unhealthy relationship with food, alcohol, etc?
A grievance someone caused you?
The lose of a loved one?
A negative ATTITUDE?
The Approval of others?
Negative Body Image?
Idea of a perfect partner?
Thoughts of your EX?
Depending On Others For Happiness?
The Need For Control?
Eckhart Tolle believes we create and maintain problems because they give us a sense of identity. Perhaps this explains why we often hold onto our pain far beyond its ability to serve us.
We replay past mistakes over and over again in our head, allowing feelings of shame and regret to shape our actions in the present. We cling to frustration and worry about the future, as if the act of fixation somehow gives us power. We hold stress in our minds and bodies, potentially creating serious health issues, and accept that state of tension as the norm.
There will never be a time when life is simple. There will always be time to practice accepting that. Every moment is a chance to let go and feel peaceful. Here are some ways to get started:
Let Go Of Frustration with Yourself/Your Life
1. Learn a new skill instead of dwelling on the skills you never mastered.
2. Change your perception—see the root cause as a blessing in disguise.
3. Cry it out. Crying away your negative feelings releases harmful chemicals that build up in your body due to stress.
4. Channel your discontent into an immediate positive action—make some calls about new job opportunities, or walk to the community center to volunteer.
5. Use meditation to bring you into the present moment (instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future).
6. Make a list of your accomplishments—even the small ones— and add to it daily. You’ll have to let go of a little discontentment to make space for this self-satisfaction.
7. Visualize a box in your head labeled “Expectations.” Whenever you start dwelling on how things should be or should have been, mentally shelve the thoughts in this box.
8. Engage in a physical activity. Exercise decreases stress hormones and increases endorphins, chemicals that improve your state of mind.
9. Focus all your energy on something you can actually control instead of dwelling on things you can’t.
10. Express your feelings through a creative outlet, like blogging or painting. Add this to your to-do list and cross it off when you’re done. This will be a visual reminder that you have actively chosen to release these feelings.
11. Have a mind detox session
12. Enrol in my 21 day online CHANGE YOUR THINKING, CHANGE YOUR LIFE PROGRAMME
13. Enrol in a 1,3 or 6 months empowerment programme
REMEMBER ONE OF THE MOST COURAGEOUS THINGS YOU’LL EVER DO IS TO FINALLY LET GO OF WHAT IS HURTING YOUR HEART AND SOUL